It took scandal in our iconic sport to ram home the (long obvious to some) truism that Australia had fallen to its absolute moral low point.
Almost without protest, we’ve accepted an almost unending stream of evidence of our moral decay.
A long, but incomplete, list of examples of this acceptance (in no particular order)
- We wilfully ignore the universally deadly reality of Global Warming, Fires, floods, drought, food, energy
- Wages theft, women, Unions
- Tax equality negative gearing, capital gains
- Education, Private schools TAFE Universities
- Health & private health
- Housing & homelessness
- Media, NBN, Free speech ABC @Alberici Rupert Murdoch
- Environment, pollution, CSG
- Independence, War, Republic
- Immigration, Asylum, International Treaties, Racism
- A 10 year old , suicidal due largely to our inhuman but bipartisan detention policy, is condemned to treatment in a totally unsuitable (& deadly) hospital based on the possibility that, were he to be transported to the mainland for PROPER treatment, lawyers MIGHT apply for him to be allowed to stay (as he would be legally be allowed).
- Rampant corruption, Michaelia Cash, Barnaby Joyce, Sussan Ley, Julie Bishop, Bronwyn Bishop, Banks Royal Commission, Donations, Lobbying
- Politicised & partisan Public Service
- Equality vs Inequality, tax, Aborigines
- Parliament Question Time behaviour, Speaker bias
- Victorian MP Pairs, election staff rorting (Victoria)
- MPs Rorting of Expenses, nepotism, pork barreling
- Aborigines Don Dale, deaths in custody, incarceration rates
- Religion abuse
- Politics, in-fighting, buying elections
- Sports other than Cricket, NRL, AFL