Wit Oscar Wilde quipped – “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”
In less than one Parliamentary Term (< 3 years) the Liberal ‘Family’ has lost SIX viz.
- Prime Minister Abbott – deposed by his own Party 54-44 – incompetence
- Treasurer Hockey – sacked – incompetence
- Speaker Bronwyn Bishop – sacked – Rorting Entitlements – #Choppergate
- Special Minister of State Mal Brough – sacked – Slipper’s Diary #Ashbygate
- Minister for Cities & the Built Environment Jamie Briggs – sacked – Sexual Harassment
- Minister for Human Services Stuart Robert – sacked Ministerial Code of Conduct/Donor Shares
The only agility this Parliamentary mess have demonstrated is the uncanny knack of being able to leap-frog the carcasses of their fallen brethren.